Seattle - Snowboarding

For those of you who may not know I have a tinsy bit of a...ok...a major phobia of chairlifts. This phobia stems from a traumatic experience at 14 where I did not get off the chairlift in time and was not allowed to ride back down to the bottom but was forcibly pulled off the lift by a very cute ski patrol guy who I landed on top of and knocked the wind out of all while be heckled by the 3rd grade "powder pigs" ski school and my best friend Carmen...Anywho, after several years of intense counseling :) I recovered enough to set foot in snow again but did make a vow never to ride a chair lift. Over the years I have not been able to keep this vow but still feel the panic rising as I get close to the top of the mountain on the lift.

However on this trip I learned of a new Gondola at Crystal mountain which you ride up with your board on the outside and WALK off of. I was saved!

On our way to Crystal


Heading up the perfect-in-everyway Gondola

I wish I could report I had a perfect day racing up and down the mountain but after a few years of no boarding I was pretty rusty. Lets just say there was A LOT of falling involved and maybe a few near tears incidents but thankful none that required ski patrol assistance!

All in all it was a good but incredibly exhausting day which left me barely able to walk for a while...but gosh I did love that Gondola.

1 Response to "Seattle - Snowboarding"