Vietnam - Hoi An

Spent the last 4 days exploring Hoi An with Carolee and I have to say, I think Hoi An is one of my favorite spots in Asia so far. It is by far my favorite spot in Vietnam.

Hoi An is a sleepy little river side town located on the banks of the Thu Bon river. A World Heritage site thats full of fishing boats with eyes painted on and lit up by small oil lanterns at night. Its a romantic place with narrow streets packed with excellent restaurants, beautiful craft shops and lots of tailors.



Although scenic during the day, I found it the most beautiful at night with colorful paper lanterns hanging from trees and small oil lanterns illuminating the river.

No cars or motorcycles are allowed inside the Old Town part of Hoi An. This made it incredibly pleasant to ride bikes or stroll along the narrow streets which we did nearly everyday. By the end of our stay, many of the shopkeepers would cheerfully greet us as we rode by.




1 Response to "Vietnam - Hoi An"