Seattle - The Wood family


K and I have just returned from several weeks in Seattle which was pretty awesome. Spring in Seattle is so beautiful with flowers blooming and everything so green. Geting lucky enough to have a sunny day in Seattle is enough to give us pangs of homesickness. However, the highlight of the trip was watching Amy and John get married and having a chance to catch up with the extended Wood family.

Kingsley met his nephew Damien for the very first time which was incredibly special. However, it required a steep learning curve for Kingsley which included a crash course in Baa Baa Black Sheep and The Wheels on the Bus...


Allan and Dee

Justy and Cally

Kingsleys Uncles and Aunts came all the way from Australia to be at the wedding. It was great to spend some time chatting and catching up and as well as continuing to advance my Slippery Kate (Wood family card game similar to hearts) skills. I have the unfortunate reputation of ending up with the worst hand in Wood family history which I hope to one day redeem myself from. I'm happy to say there was no repeat of the "worst hand" this time around but I did manage to get last place during the second round. Even after 4 years as an official (+ 3 years unofficial) member of the Wood family, I obviously still have a long way to go!!


3 Response to "Seattle - The Wood family"