Why 'A Sakura Story' - Cherry Blossoms

Just to give a bit of history, Kingsley and I chose the name Sakura for our blog because it means cherry blossom in Japanese. I have always loved cherry blossoms and although we are not in Japan I see them everywhere in Singapore. Kingsley loved the idea of the cherry blossom representing the "Wood" family branch in Asia... and that is how our blog name was decided.

I know that so far I have only posted a lot of strange pictures and not so many words, the last few weeks have been so challenging, strange, amazing and wonderful that I really struggled to describe all of the emotions I was experiencing.
Several months ago when Kingsley and I first began to consider moving to Singapore, I was incredibly excited for several reasons-being in Asia again, the adventure of living in and learning a new culture and the opportunity to travel was very appealing. Once the decision was made, the hard work started- packing up the house, closing up shop in Seattle and hardest of all, saying goodbye to family and an amazing network of friends in Seattle. The last week we were in Seattle was the absolute hardest- all of our things were in a shipping container on their way to Singapore, the house empty and saying final goodbyes left me wondering what on earth we had done.
However, as soon as we landed in Singapore I felt the excitement building. Although we had just spent 22 hours traveling around the world and it was 2am by the time we got to our hotel, Kingsley and I could hardly sleep and we spent hours talking and planning our new life in Singapore.

2 Response to "Why 'A Sakura Story' - Cherry Blossoms"