Seattle - Its good to be home

It's been 6 months since my last visit home and 1 year since Kingsley was last in Seattle. Needless to say we were both really excited to see friends and family, drive a car again, and just be in Seattle.

My parents picked us up at the airport and after twenty some hours of travel we were treated to an amazing homemade brunch which included:
Banana bread
Egg casserole
Grapefruit
Sticky cinnamon buns
Bacon
And many other amazingly wonderful things that I'm sure my Mom spent hours preparing.


With full stomachs post brunch Kingsley promptly fell asleep on the couch. I however had lots of energy...why? Because I am a smarter traveler than my husband. You see Kingsley slept through the first flight to Japan and then was awake the entire second flight so by the time we arrived in Seattle at 9:00am he was ready for bed. I did the exact opposite and woke up as we were landing in Seattle so felt fresh (as much as can be expected after traveling halfway around the world) and ready to face the day.

It was nice to see snow on the ground at my parents house

Since we only had 2 short weeks in Seattle we packed A LOT into them. The evening of our first day in Seattle, Carmen and Sean hosted a dinner at their house for my family and Kingsleys family. It was so nice to see everyone and to be together.



As you can see by the photos and earlier description. We ate pretty well that day! Ah its nice to be home...


2 Response to "Seattle - Its good to be home"