China - Lotus Lane



Just a few years ago the lakeside neighborhood north of the Forbidden city attracted only park-goers and weekend fishermen. Over the past year, the Bohemian area has been Yuppified, and emerged as one of the cool neighborhoods, with lots of bars, restaurants, and boutiques yes and even a Starbucks.


Posing in front of Qianhai lake.

Kingsley and I went to Lotus lane to enjoy the lake view and some lunch. I don't know if I am ashamed or proud to admit it but we couldn't stop ourselves from ordering something recognizable - pizza. There were 2 sizes on the menu small and large, though tempted to order the large we ordered the small hawaiian pizza and it was massive! However, never underestimate the power of low blood sugar combined with the mental craving for something "normal". We polished off the entire thing!


"Min i you make you face (about 20 minutes)" translation - in 20 minutes for some insane sum of money (which we will spend another 20min negotiating about) I can make a bobble head doll that looks just like you.

Kingsley giving me the please can I have some look next to the massive cotton candy. Don't worry I said NO!
Edible? Non-edible? That was often the question in China...

Tuk Tuk ride after lunch. 


1 Response to "China - Lotus Lane"