Seattle - Whirlwind trip

Every trip back home starts the same way.  We book the tickets and then sit across from each other and make a solemn pact that this time in Seattle we will:
- NOT over commit ourselves
- spend quality time with friends and family
- slow down and enjoy every moment
- not binge on too much Mexican food (that one is mostly for me)

Well we are evidently still a work in progress but we certainly did try and do some of our goals this trip.  To be honest there really was NO WAY I was going to slow down on the Mexican food, and we certainly over committed ourselves on a daily basis. We were both so exhausted by the time we made it back to Singapore. But Kingsley and I did get to slow down for a bit in order to spend some great time with those closest to us. Which in the end, is what makes each trip so memorable and meaningful.  

Quiet winter evening sitting by a warm fire with my parents enjoying my new favorite dessert - homemade dark chocolate pudding and tea!

Brunch with my parents. My mom made the best (mexican) frittatas and (GF) banana bread.  The perfect meal after a long flight! 

Poker Party!  It was our turn to "host" as Kingsley won last time. We had only arrived in Seattle about 24 hours earlier it was a simple meal - beer, wine and pizza.  Thankfully no one seemed to mind!  

Dinner at Franks Champagne & Oyster Bar with my Calidora family. 

Getting my/our Mexican food fix with the Guptas and Whites at Milagros. Highly recommend the Mahi Mahi Tacos.


Cuddles with our Nephew Jack

1 Response to "Seattle - Whirlwind trip "