Seattle - Pink Martini

One of my favorite bands is Pink Martini. They are an American band who draw inspiration for their music from all over the world. "Band leader, Thomas Lauderdale describes the band's sound as 'music of the world without being world music. If the United Nations had a house band in 1962 hopefully Pink Martini would be that band. '"

The lead singer China Forbes has such an amazing voice and she can sing convincingly in so many different languages. After a few years of concert dates not lining up, I found out that Pink Martini would be in Seattle the same time as me. Destiny.

My friend Cynthia agreed to come along even though she hardly knew the band, so we planned a picnic at the winery while we watched the show. The very first song the band played was my second favorite song, called Lily. I couldn't help myself and started singing along, I think my enthusiasm was contagious because Cynthia started clapping along as well.

I have to say this was probably the best concert I have ever been to, sorry Michael W Smith...

As the closing song they sang my number one favorite song called Dosvedanya mio bombino which she sings partly in english and partly in Russian (without a hint of an accent). At the end of the night I was so incredibly happy.


3 Response to "Seattle - Pink Martini"