Vietnam - Mui Ne - Kiteboarding

John and Kingsley spent about 4 or 5 days taking Kiteboarding lessons and then had a few days of practice on their own. Both got the hang of it towards the end. It was really fun to watch. I seriously contemplated doing some lessons but two things turned me off. Number one - there were LOTS of jelly fish in the water. In fact, John was stung twice and Kingsley once - not my idea of fun! Number two - I heard from multiple people that this was one of the hardest spots to learn kiteboarding as the water is deep and the waves are choppy. Both Kingsley and John were pretty beat up at the end of each day, so I wisely decided to sit this one out! :)


The boys checking out the wind conditions and the kiteboarding competition on day one of lessons.

Still smiling at the end of day two!

This was a great day as Kingsley was put in a pink lifevest for his lessons. Had I known pink was an option earlier I would have gladly paid extra to make sure he got that color everyday!


Kingsley with his kiteboarding instructor Oliver who was from Germany.


There were TONs of kites on the water. Some days as many as 300 or 400 kites, which was reason number 3 why I did not do lessons!



Here I am keeping an eye on all the action from my comfy spot on a beach chair.


John after jellyfish sting # 1




1 Response to "Vietnam - Mui Ne - Kiteboarding"