New friends and flesh eating fish

This last week great. I am finally meeting some friends, we had a girls night out two nights ago which was a mixture of 20 expat and Singaporean girls all drinking a little wine, chatting and having a great time.

Here is (new friend) Carrie and I in a taxi on our way to girls night out.

Last night we went out to dinner with a great couple from Uganda- Diana and Eustice. We met them for dinner at Clarke Quay (an area known for very nice restaurants right on the river) at 8pm and ate and talked until after 1am. They lived in Qatar for the last few years and moved to Singapore a few weeks before us.

Today while out exploring I came across a fish spa. It works like this, you put your feet in the water and these little fish eat all of the dead skin. It was too tempting to pass up so I gave it a try!


It was one of the strangest things I have ever done. The fish go crazy when you first put your feet in the water. Oddly enough the fish were obessesed with my feet.

On the right is my foot, on the left was some unlucky guy who was sitting next to me. The fish wanted nothing to do with his feet after I sat down.

After 30 minutes of intense fish feeding, I pulled my feet out of the water and they have never felt so smooth. Over all a very strange experience, I cant wait for Kingsley to try it!


1 Response to "New friends and flesh eating fish"

  • Shari Says:

    You're a Washington state fugitive now. Fish toe-cleanings are illegal back home.

    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/othersports/2008224235_fish03m0.html