Japan - Lake Nojiri Cabin

There is a beautiful lake about an hour north of Nagano, this is where we spent the first week of our time in Japan. Although the lake is beautiful spending time there had so much more significant meaning to me. Growing up in Japan every summer my family would spend a few weeks up at the lake staying in small rustic cabins nestled on the side of the hill. This is a place where many other expat families would go to get away from the heat and humidity in the cities. I have SO many fond memories from our summers here, I actually found myself getting a little emotional when I caught my first glimpse of the lake. 
First glimpse of the lake

View of the lake from the Boardman's cabin. They very generously allowed us to stay in the cabin for the week. 

Stocking up on food at the local grocery store.  We made some amazing meals at the cabin including: tacos (I had my mom bring taco shells and salsa from the US), Thai yellow curry, Fried Rice and delicious Buckwheat pancakes with almond butter and Canadian maple syrup (which I brought from Singapore).
This could perhaps have been Kingsley's first experience bagging his own groceries.

Ofuro (bath tub) with a small shower head attached to the side. 

Cooking in the kitchen with a beautiful view of the lake. 
Our first dinner together in the cabin.

Catching a bit of sun. We had such glorious weather the week we were there.  There was only one day where it rained and we had to use kerosene heaters in the cabin to stay warm.

Cooking Japanese Fried rice and Tomato soup 


Our bed for the week was simple but functional. 

Early morning sunlight in the dinning room.

I love this place. 

3 Response to "Japan - Lake Nojiri Cabin"