Year of the Rabbit impulse shopping

I guess it never occurred to me that signs like these were needed as a reminder. However, at the SPCA (where I foster kittens) rabbits have been the most popular pet adopted almost every month since the Chinese New Year (CNY).

We have a neighbor that has a CNY rabbit that she "walks" on a leash in the dog park near our house. Really the rabbit just sits there scared stiff while our neighbor tugs it along. For the record, rabbit on leash and dogs off leash are NOT a good combo. I'm surprised the little bunny is still alive!

Its apparent that pet stores are experiencing the same run on rabbits. Note the signage: "I'm lovely, I'm cute but do not buy me on impulse"

2012 is the year of the dragon...hmmm thats going to be interesting!

1 Response to "Year of the Rabbit impulse shopping"