An unsuspecting 737 pilot

Kingsley is loving his job however he is also working really hard. So, I planned an awesome surprise for him. Only problem is that SOMEONE hates surprises. I had to suffer through days of militant interrogation regarding "the surprise".

"will I like it?"
"how long will we be there?"
"will it be inside or outside?"

but my all time favorite was...
"you are not going to make me dance are you?"

to that I replied...
"dont worry you wont be given that kind of pre-warning when I execute my dancing revenge"

The surprise for Kingsley was an opportunity to spend 60 minutes with a pilot in a 737 flight simulator. They are the exact same simulators that airline pilots spend hours training on before going up in a actual plane.
Kingsley hasn't flown a plane since moving to Singapore so I thought it would be great for him to get back in the (virtual) air. He was pretty nervous to fly again but also incredibly excited. I was allowed to be in the cockpit as well.

We started out at SeaTac airport, I wasnt prepared for how realistic the expereince was. As we took off the first time I caught myself putting my seat belt on!
In 60 minutes we flew in China, Hong Kong, London, and Cape Town







6 Response to "An unsuspecting 737 pilot"