How a very bad day became the best day ever

Today was one of those days where you wonder if you should have stayed in bed. Everything went wrong today. It started off with a trip to the humane society to have the kittens weighed and to update their shots. After an examination by the vet they were deemed fat and healthy enough to return to the shelter to go up for adoption. I was planning to keep them for another 3 weeks or more! I was not at all prepared to give up the little guys today, so I was really sad! Bye Fraggle, Podge and Sandy...you guys were the best!
Then I somehow managed to screw up when and where I was meeting a friend for lunch, sorry Bonnie. Determined to be successful at something today I took a one hour bus ride and several mile walk to find this obscure plumbing shop that was suppose to have the exact plumbing attachment we needed for our shower. When I arrived the guy said he did not have the part I needed, but he didnt actually check for the part. When I questioned him again he said the dreaded "cannot" which in Singapore translates to either: "I dont know what you are asking me" or "I know what you are asking for but I cant be bothered" or "I really cannot do what you are asking". Either way, when the word "cannot" is spoken, the discussion is over.
I was feeling pretty low by the time I arrived home so I was really looking forward to the evening out Kingsley and I had planned. We were invited by the company that relocated us to attend a get-together at new Mexican restaurant with other people who are new to Singapore. When we arrived, I thought it was a little strange that everyone was wearing party/going-out clothes and were really dolled up. Also, there didnt seem to be any other couples at the event, everyone was obviously single...and looking. Finally, we started chatting with one of the girls at the event and learned that this was a SINGLES MEETUP group. How I somehow missed that in the initial invitation I will never know. Even though it was great people watching, Kingsley and I left pretty early. Thankfully I had already debriefed Kingsley on my very very bad day so he thought the whole thing was hilarious.
I am happy to say that although it wasnt such a great day for me in Singapore it was a fantastic day in Germany. Today in Germany at 9am Sally gave birth to Damien Francis 3.2kg. Which means now I am officially an Auntie (favorite Auntie is the full title). I am SO excited about this and cant wait to meet him! Well done Sal for having him the same week as my birthday and for turning my very bad day into the best day ever!


2 Response to "How a very bad day became the best day ever"