Cambodia - Project Compassion team

I was very thankful for the team I worked with on the trip.  I met the team in Thailand for the first time but many of the team members knew each other from prior trips and had met together in the US several times before this trip so I was defiantly the outsider joining the group.  But everyone was so nice and welcoming right from the start which really helped.

 Dr. Susy and I worked together and were roommates during the trip. 

The girls team photo op with the scariest looking mannequin I have ever seen!

The girl in the photo on with the bandana on her head is Sheila. She really touched my heart this trip with her amazing story.  She has metastatic breast cancer which she will not recover from. She is currently in the middle of doing her second round of chemo which has left her pretty frail.  But she has big dreams in life and wanted to come on this trip to continue living each day to the fullest.  She is a nurse so she helped out in the treatment area of the clinic. We worked long hours and were so exhausted at the end of everyday and I never once heard her complain. 

This is our team out at a local Khemer restaurant for our first dinner together. There were quite a few picky eaters on the team so after the first night of local food (which I loved!) we always went to the other restaurant in town which was a pizza place!

2 Response to "Cambodia - Project Compassion team"