Holidays and Family

Christmas has pretty much exploded all over Singapore which is fun to see (will post more pics soon) but its still odd to hear - let it snow, let it snow, let it snow - when its 90 degrees outside!

Hot humid weather aside I have been wanting to add a little Christmas cheer to our condo.  We don't have a lot of space and almost all of my Christmas supplies are back in Seattle in storage but I did manage to add a little splash of Christmas to a coffee table in our living room.


I think the holidays are the hardest time for me living in Asia.  This year for Thanksgiving my family went down to Palm Springs to spend the holiday with my brother Mark.  My sister-in-law Shari wrote up an amazing blog post (turkey flies to palm springs) about the event which while reading made me feel as if was almost there with them.  Back in the 80's when my parents lived in Japan and were far away from family over the holidays they had to rely on audio cassette tapes and letters via (snail)mail for news of home.  Now-a-days Kingsley and I can call, Skype, email, Facebook anytime I we are missing family.  Thats a lot to be thankful for!



2 Response to "Holidays and Family"