Seattle - Cavalia

On my last night in Seattle Pinky and I went to see Cavalia -- one of the most amazing shows ever.  After sitting jaw-slacked and spell-bound for 2 1/2 hours, Pinky and I both walked away thinking we had missed our calling as nurses...our destiny is to be stunt horse woman!



For those of you who, like me, had never heard of Cavalia, it’s a mix of horses, dance, acrobatics and music in a Cirqdesoleil type performance. Cavalia has 42 horse performers (all stallions or geldings).  I have already asked Kingsley for a white stallion for my birthday this year...fingers crossed! 

Some performers stood on two horses backs as the horses raced across and around the stage. Other performers flipped or rode along the side of the horses. Horses stepped proudly across the stage, moving with the choreography and perfectly in tune with the music and other horses on stage. One trainer led six horses through coordinated circles and turns, by guiding them and walking with them through their movements.

Later, acrobats and other performers flew from fly lines in the air, landing on the horses or flying off the horses, as effortlessly and gracefully as if they really were flying.  Sometimes performers flipped off shoulders of other performers from trampolines or springs, other times from the horses.

My dream job...

Such a magical evening.


1 Response to "Seattle - Cavalia"