Seattle - Valentines Day

I have a confession to make.  I didn't really realize that Valentines day was rapidly approaching till about three days before it arrived.  Since we were both in Seattle working long hours and sleeping few - I assumed Kingsley was probably equally unaware and that this would be a very low key Valentines day year.

You can imagine my surprise when right before the "big day" he casually mentioned he had made a reservation for us.  Knowing how busy that night is I was pretty sure that the only restaurants with reservations still available two days before Valentines Day were not the kind of places one wanted to go for a romantic dinner but thought it better to just smile and keep my mouth shut.

I was completely humbled and surprised to arrive at our dinner destination at I Love Sushi on Lake Bellevue.  This is a special spot for us as Kingsley took me here on one of our first Valentines day dates together...sappy I know! I also learned that Kingsley had called to make this reservation from Singapore weeks in advance!  How could I have ever doubted him!


Such a delicious meal with our favorite lychee martinis (this is where I had my first lychee martini years ago which we both enjoyed so much we made it the signature cocktail at our wedding).





I also received this beautiful bunch of long stemmed red roses.  Kingsley was certainly a much better Valentine then I was this year and got himself quite a few romantic bonus points!

1 Response to "Seattle - Valentines Day"