Cambodia- Pavillon d'Orient

For those of you who maybe didn't know, I love planning trips. Reading hotel reviews, other travel blogs, guide books, whatever it takes. I want to know the best place to stay, the best restaurants to try and what to do and see and what things to skip. I can think of nothing worse than wasting time while traveling seeing something not worthwhile or eating at a bad restaurant. Kingsley is the exact opposite. He loves to show up in a new place knowing nothing about it, discovering as he goes along. So when we travel, I do all the reseach and planning for the trip while telling Kingsley nothing. As we begin to explore a new place a typical scenario goes like this. We are walking along (subtely guided by me) "discovering places" (that I have specifically picked out), eventually we will "stumble" upon a restaurant that "looks nice" (and received great reviews on trip advisor) and we go in for dinner. After our amazing meal Kingsley will say "wow, I cant belive how great that restaurant was, we always end up eating at great places". I just smile and agree but inside I couldnt be happier, yet another travel success!

This trip to Cambodia was no different, I took the time to plan everything out and at the end of our trip Kingsley said "this was one of the best trips we have ever done."

The first leg of our trip was Siem Reap. While there we stayed at a beautiful little hotel called Pavillon d' Orient. I loved the friendly staff, the beautiful room and the spa (massages were $12/hr). Kingsley loved:

the saltwater pool

the breakfasts

the free WiFi


2 Response to "Cambodia- Pavillon d'Orient"