Deepavali- Festival of lights

This month the Indian population in Singapore are celebrating Deepavali which translates to mean row of lights but is better known as the festival of lights.

Rows of oil lanterns are lit to welcome the goddess of wealth, Lakshmi


This festival celebrates the victory of good over evil and it also celebrates the Hindu New Year. Little India is the place to go to see all the lights and action. People celebrating Deepavali wear new clothes (the brighter the color the better) and will share sweets and snacks with family and friends.

Murukku a special treat served during Deepavali


2 Response to "Deepavali- Festival of lights"


  • dokka srinivasu Says:


    Dear Sir

    Very good and detailed information on Diwali festival. Thanks for sharing very valuable information on Diwali festival.

    Sir please see my Lamps of India message relating to Diwali festival which i shared in my Heritage of India blog.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/09/lamps-of-india.html

    Sir alongwith sharing my collections relating to Indian Heritage and Culture in my blog i am also giving seminars to school and college children and so far i gave 2 seminars on Indian Heritage and Culture.

    Sir these are my 2 seminars links.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/02/my-first-seminar-on-indian-heritage-and.html

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/07/my-second-seminar-on-indian-heritage.html

    Sir please look into my Heritage of India blog and share your comments.